The Mysore Paper Mills Limited, (MPM) founded by Sri.Krishnaraja Wodeyar Bahadur in 1937 the Maharaja of erstwhile Mysore State was incorporated on 20th May 1936 under the then Mysore Companies Regulation, VIII of 1917. Later it became a Government Company in 1977 under Section 617 of the Companies Act, 1956. The Company has its Registered Office at Bangalore and its plant located at Bhadravati, Shimoga District, Karnataka State.
The Company has an Authorized Capital of 150 Crs. and paid up capital of about 120 Crs. The shares of the company are listed in the Bombay Stock Exchange and there are about 17,000 shareholders.
While Government of Karnataka holds 65% of the shareholding of the Company, IDBI and other Financial Institutions hold 18% of the shares and shareholding by the General Public is 17%.
The company is managed by eminent Board of Directors consisting of IAS, IFS and other professionals.
The Chairman & Managing Director of the Company is assisted by a team of professionals in various fields who have expertise in production, finance, marketing etc., with a dedicated team force.
MPM with 5000 employees has its own township. About 15000 families of the cane growers who supply sugarcane to the company are directly dependant on this company and many more depend indirectly The direct and indirect contribution by MPM to the local economy is about Rs.200 Cr P.A.
ISO CERTIFICATION :
The Environmental Management System of the Company has been certified to conform to the coveted ISO 14001 standard since August 2004. The Scope of certification covers manufacture of Newsprint, Writing, Printing & Packaging Paper and Manufacture of Plantation White Sugar.